"The purpose of the Association is to uphold the traditions of tennis, through the activity of the clubs which have contributed to promoting this sport throughout the whole world. In order to achieve such aims, the Association shall organize sports and cultural events, round-tables and seminars concerning tennis and all the aspects of the life of the clubs connected to the world of tennis or which are typical of tennis clubs; it will maintain in addition the spirit of fair play which is inherent to this sport" (article 1.2. of the Articles of the Association).
The protocol of the Constitution of the CTC was signed before the Notary Public of Lausanne, Switzerland, Mr. Jean-François Rodondi by:
- Mr. Juan Mª Tintoré in representation of the Real Club de Tenis Barcelona-1899 (Barcelona, Spain).
- Mr. Philippe Washer in representation of the Royal Leopold Club (Brussels, Belgium).
- Mr. Xavier de La Courtie in representation of the Racing Club of France (Paris, France).
- Mr. Brian Hatton in representation of the Cumberland Lawn Tennis Club (London, United Kingdom).
- Mr. Enrico Cerutti in representation of the Tennis Club Milano Alberto Bonacossa (Milan, Italy).
- Mr. Lars Myhrman in representation of the Kungliga Lawn Tennis Klubben (Stockhom, Sweden).
- Mr. François Roch in representation of the Tennis Club Geneve (Geneva, Switzerland).
- Mr. Wolfgang Hofer in representation of the LTTC Rot Weiss Berlin (Berlin, Germany).
Mr. Robert Abdesselam (International Club of France) and Mr. Marco Gilardelli (International Club of Italy) acted as advisors and consultants, who together with Mr. Brian Hatton (International Club of England), had drawn up the first draft of the Statutes of the Association.
The CTC is governed by a General Assembly of Members, who meet a minimum of once a year in the Olympic Museum of Lausanne, Switzerland, headquarters of the Association, and by the Executive Committee, whose meetings are convened by the President of the Committee as he/she deems necessary.
The composition of the Executive Committee, in accordance with what was agreed at the 2014 AGM, is as follows:
- Mr. Juan Mª Tintoré - CTC President - Real Club de Tenis Barcelona-1899 - Honorary President
- Mr. Petr Simunek - Vice-President - I.Cesky L.T.K.
- Mr. Pedro Navedo - Treasurer - Real Sociedad de Tenis la Magdalena
- Mr. David Macloed - Cumberland LTC
- Mr. Lars Myhrman - Kungliga Lawn Tennis Klubben
- Mr. Garbhan O'Nauallain - Fitzwilliam LTC
- Mr. Maurizio Romeo - TC Parioli
- Ms. Laurence Goulard - Racing Club de France
- Mr. Guido Schulz - LTTC Rot Weiss Berlin
Brian Hatton, Marco Gilardelli and Jurgen Buttkus also attend the meetings of the Executive Committee and the AGM's in the capacity of advisors.
The Secretary of the CTC and of its Executive Committee is Mrs. Berta Tintoré. The Secretary is located at the Real Club de Tenis Barcelona-1899, the club offers it's facilities for this purpose.
Please click the link below to view the CTC Constitution in .pdf format.